Thursday, August 12, 2010
Maybe if we educate one ignorant person we can save another person/family with disabilities from their scorn. For a dime, I would gladly do so. 100 cards for $10.00 from TACA. Or make up your own.
My Child's Behavior May Be Disturbing To You.
My Child Is Not Spoiled or Misbehaving.
MY CHILD HAS AUTISM
Over 1.5 million children in the US are affected with Autism.
With the CDC now reporting that 1 in 91 children have Autism, someone you know probably has Autism in their family.
Thank You for Your Support & Understanding, and for Being a Friend to a Family with Autism.
Autism Is a Devastating Biological and Neurological Disorder that Can Effect Individuals in Different Areas:
1. Troubles with Communication (both verbal and non-verbal, including the possibility of no speech, or appearing deaf)
2. Social and Learning Skills (unable to understand social cues and situations, including waiting in line, or unplanned changes)
3. Strange or Odd Behaviors (such as tantrums, hand flapping, repetitive sounds, yelling out, or obsessive behaviors)
4. Sensory Issues (for example hypersensitive hearing and vision, or aversion to being touched)
5. Medical Problems (including severe headaches, gastro-intestinal problems, severe food allergies and many others)